Power Ranger Universe
Sign in to follow this  
Blaze

Power Ranger NOW Is Powering Down

PRNLogo2019.png?resize=450%2C257&ssl=1

Power Rangers NOW is powering down.

What started as a morphinominal idea turned into a powerful journey. A journey that, for now, is coming to an end.

As many of you know, Power Rangers NOW was something I both created and managed. There was never a team behind it. There was never any money or donations involved. It was something run completely out of passion for the franchise, love for the fan base, and the opportunity to help influence the brand’s image.

This is not an easy decision, but it’s the right decision, primarily for three reasons:

• Firstly, I’ve been gifted an amazing career opportunity to work around some of the world’s most impactful brands. I never envisioned a Power Rangers fan page one day leading to a career, nor did I envision ever being interviewed for my work with Power Rangers, but here we are. I couldn’t be more excited for this opportunity, but it requires my full attention. And I want it to give it my full attention.
  • Secondly, what’s a passion project without passion? I confess, my love for Power Ranger has seen brighter days. But that doesn’t mean the flame is extinct. I’ll still be keeping an eye on what the TV show does, driving to the movie theater for any future movies, and attending Power Morphicon along with thousands of other fans. Like all of you, I’m still a fan too, but I’ll be one from afar.
  • Lastly, as most of you know, a toy company now sits atop the Power Rangers brand. And while I’m certainly not here to rain on anyone’s parade, I’ve also been privy to a lot of things happening behind the scenes. So I can say with confidence that there are things happening at the toy company that I both don’t agree with, or like. I have major concerns for the future of Power Rangers, and how it’s being handled. But this announcement isn’t about putting any of that information out there.

So what’s next for PowerRangersNOW.com? For now, it’s going to go dormant. But:

Might I pass it to another owner one day? If I feel like it.
Might it return to its current state of delivering all the latest Power Rangers news one day? If I feel like it.
Might it transform into something completely new one day? If I feel like it.

The theme here: as Power Rangers NOW has been over its entire run, it will continue to be what I feel like, when I feel like it. And of course, I’ll keep you all in the loop as any decisions are made.

Running Power Rangers NOW, I can truly say, has been one of the greatest honors of my life. I’ve gotten to do things I could’ve never dreamed of, and be a part of opportunities I couldn’t pay my way into. I could write a book on the little tricks, tips, and things I’ve learned that have made this platform so successful.

At the top of that list is absolutely work, effort, and consistency. But at the end of the day, this platform was defined by each and every one of you. Words will never be enough to thank you for your support.

If there’s one thought I can leave you with, it’s that everything Power Rangers has taught you over the years – it’s all true. Believe in helping others. Believe in diversity. Believe in your dreams.

In 2001, the Time Force Red Ranger said “Everything you’ve always wanted is waiting for you in the future”. This is my unquestionable favorite line from 26 years of Power Rangers because it reinforces the idea that everything you want in life is there for you. It might take a lot of time, work, and dedication to get it, but everything you could possibly want in life is there, sitting there, waiting for you…in the future. You just have to go earn it.

Thank you for everything, Power Rangers fans. You truly are the best.

-Michael

The post Power Ranger NOW Is Powering Down appeared first on Power Rangers NOW.

Click Here For More Info